SDHT 2000 Wide Body – Super Digital Hand Tester
This is the large capacity heavy-duty version of our SDHT. Our most accurate and heavy-duty manual tester has “smart” interchangeable load cells. This is a tester that can measure grams to two decimal places and then change load cells and test up to 2,000 pounds. It has a very rugged quad post design to minimize frame deflection and give the user the most versatility and productivity in a single tester.
The SDHT 2000 is made from a combination of billet aluminum and precision ground steel parts. The rack and pinion lever drive can be upgraded to a Micro Length Adjust. It is also equipped with two positive stops to be used for repetitive testing and comes standard with a 0.437” Ø thru-hole for centering shafts for supporting buckling type compression springs. A stroke lock helps keep things in place while you take measurements or configure tooling. The tester has 5/8-18 tooling holes for convenient fitting.
SDHT software includes these powerful software features, making testing easy and productive:
- Limit Lights
Part sorting and a statistical summary printout that includes a histogram and data run chart.
- Two-Point with Rate
Test two points with spring rate calculation in one deflection of the spring.
- Calculated Free Length Measurement
Calculate the free length of a compression spring.
- Initial Tension Measurement
Calculate the initial tension of an extension spring.
- Compression and extension testing of force and length
- Built-in 0.437″ thru-hole
- Micro-Length Adjust with built-in stops
- Internal 8 hour battery for portable use
- RS 232 data communications port
- User programmable filter
- Length / force offset
- Customizable print headings
- Statistical summary printout
- Built-in 1,800 test point data logger
- Complete computerized tester diagnostics
- 20-bit internal force resolution
- Tracking or peak modes (2,000 samples / sec)
- Load cell and frame deflection compensation
- Mechanical and software overload protection
- Built-in shunt calibration verification
- Digital calibration and linearization
- Backlit digital LED display of force and length
- Wipe-clean embossed key faceplate
- Push-button force and length zeroing
- NIST traceable calibration
Includes Length Deflection Compensation
What is length deflection compensation?
All force/lengh testing devices, regardless of manufacturer, have additional deflection by the load cell and tester frame which occurs as the spring is loaded. If you buy/use a tester without deflection compensation, measurements might include significant length errors.
Spring deflection, also known as spring travel or motion, is the action of a compression spring compressing (being pushed), an extension spring extending (being pulled), or a torsion spring winding (being twisted) when a load is applied or released. This is one characteristic (spring deflection) that is measured by a Larson Systems Spring Tester.
Larson Systems has BUILT-IN Length Deflection Compensation so that the user does not have to calculate and apply length corrections. Most competitors do not have length deflection compensation.
With a Larson Systems product, forget about calculating load cell and frame deflection when testing, we’ve got you covered.
SDC Software Demo
Try our software for “Spring Testing Data at Your Fingertips”. With Larson System’s SDC Software, your spring testing data can be accessed, stored and manipulated as it is generated. Store specifications for different parts, load a set of parameters and clearly see which springs are out of spec using the on-screen graphical representation of the testing results. Save and print results or open the results file in Microsoft Excel. You have complete control of your testing data.